Friday, February 22, 2008

It's a Van!

Well, I know you were all looking for some good news today, so here it is: It's a van! Instead of meeting our new baby boy this week, we purchased a new mini van. Cool! It took us a while to get used to the idea, but it seems like the wisest investment for our growing family at this stage of life.

It's actually a thrill to think about our need for a van. The last time we went car shopping we had only one child. We wondered if Peter would be our one and only? We only needed 3 seats--why in the world would we need a huge 7-seater van? But now, as God has poured out his blessing on our family, we will actually use most of the seats!

So, John thinks we're really (not) hip now. Were we ever?

I think it's great! I love the power doors that the kids can do safely and independently. I love the power lift-gate in the back so I don't have to get my hands all dirty. I love the way the seats fold into the floor if we need to make more room for cargo. I love the DVD player (still on order, to be installed soon) for entertainment on long road trips. Is this luxury or what? And it's pretty too. I'm sold!

So here's our newest addition...


And here's me now...
Jonas and I are still sharing a seat for a little bit longer!

6 comments:

Jennifer C said...

Welcome to the world of "uncoolness"! We've been members for 3 years now and it's actually not that bad...you kinda get used to it. My advice is to still dress somewhat cool so that when you get out of your minivan people are pleasantly surprised at how cool you really are!:) You look beautiful Sarah...lots of love,
Jenn

Sher said...

I can't believe you finally caved. You were one of the last holdouts I knew. Congrats!! Welcome to the van club.

Unknown said...

well, now the pressure is on for us! how long can we keep smashing our three kids into the backseat? every time we unload everyone i feel like a clown car! but at least we get good mileage and i don't worry so much about trying to parallel park!

sarah, you look absolutely gorgeous! i wish i could be there. you are so beautiful--inside and out!

Ryan and Katie said...

I read your blog and told Katie "Hey the Caruso's got a minivan."

Her comment:

"Well that was a fun thing to get instead of a baby..."

I thought that was funny.

Ryan

The Myatt Fam said...

very cool van! i'm especially jealous of the dvd-player. you can never get enough barney.

and ditto regarding the comments about sarah. what a hottie! john, you and i both lucked out.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sarah! (And John!)

Praise the Lord for a wonderful new van! That is really nice looking and new looking!! Nothing like the beat-up taxis over here! I can't wait to ride in that and feel how smooth everything is (and how fast the speeds of vehicles over there in the U.S.A.!).

I like the title of your blog "It's a van" because it is on the day you *thought* Jonas would be here! We are so thankful for tests that can help us to protect Jonas' little lungs from coming into this world too soon.

PRaying for you...and of course you are the most beautiful person!!! Oh! You look so cute with your little son all tucked away inside you. We're excited!

LOve,
J