Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Myatt Family Farewell

Today was a pretty sad day for us at church. The Myatt family will leave for Chicago on Monday so Bill can pursue his doctorate at Loyola. I am happy for them, this is what they have wanted since they came to Omaha. Although Bill was a great pastor, I think at his heart he is a teacher. We have had a lot of friends and family leave us while we were a family, but for some reason this one seems different. I think it is because we have been through so much during the time they were in Omaha. Today our senior pastor did a I remember six years ago speach....well I remember six years ago too. Six years ago I remember going through the membership class at Brookside, and the Myatt's were in that class. I remember soon after being in the same small group talking about the struggles of marriage and how we can grow as couples. We have shared the joy for each other as our families have exploded in size from a total of four to a total of ten. We have had some parties that I'll never forget (matresses and watermelon). We have also been through struggles together like the split in our church, the leaving of other freinds, and the destruction of families. I never knew Bill as well as I would have liked, although I love him just the same. The thing that I think I will miss most is the relationship that Sarah had with Melanie. We all changed so much in the last six years, but that is for the best. We had time to grow with each other and to grow in our relationship with the Lord. I love those guys and they will be dearly missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY, JOHN!! YOu are blogging!!! I knew this day would come, or at least I hoped it would. You are so great at writing--I will get to know you even more through your "publications" online.

Sorry my first comment is on a sad post, but I just today found your blog through Sarah. I look forward to pictures, too!

Sorry to hear your wonderful friends are moving to Chicago. One positive thing is that Sarah loves that city, and now has an excuse to take the family there!

The Myatt Fam said...

hey, car-clan. thanks for the very kind post. you guys are wonderful, and we don't really deserve all the love that the carusos and everyone in o-town extended to us. we love you and will miss you. ...and jess is right: you now have all kinds of excuses to come visit chicago! :)

with love and a lot of respect,
bill