Thursday, August 2, 2007

It's Moving Time

This weekend and early part of the week has been all about moving for me. First, I get to help the Myatt family (sad...see below). Then I get to help my brother Wes move to North Platte (NP). This was a happy move because now they are much closer to us then they were in Yuma, AZ.

Anyway, Monday night Peter and I left the women home for some mans time to help my brother and his family move into a new home in NP. On the way we stopped in Grand Island (GI) to play some softball on my sister's co-ed team, and stay the night before finishing the drive to NP. This was a blast! It was the first time all of us had played on the same team, and I really enjoyed myself. I think Peter had a good time too. He watched for a little bit, but then ran around the rest of the game with some kids on a soccer field next to the softball diamond. It was a good night...I can't place the reason why though. Was it because I was with my family, or was it because I was in GI? Maybe I will think about it and use that for the subject of another post.

The next day we continued on to NP and started the move. My dad was there, and it was good to see him. I don't get to see him that often, and it was good to catch up a little bit. Wes had all of their stuff in a storage shed about 2 miles from his house. We had one pick up one van and two SUVs. The whole move took about 5 trips and 4 hours. The house is nice. It is a 3 bedroom ranch with a huge garage and two storage sheds. I can’t remember how big the lot is, but I think it is over an acre. Just the feel of it reminds me of Wes.

Peter played with Matthew all day and had a blast. On the trip back to Omaha, I let Peter sit in the front seat, and we looked to see how many different license plates we could see. He thought he was sooooo big. It was precious. He got out the map of Nebraska, and I was helping him to find where we were and where we are going. Even though he can't read he can make out the letters and is starting to put them together. That trip home was a really special time.

So although the trip was exhausting, and I had my doubts about doing it in the middle of the week, it was definitely worth it.

No comments: