Sunday, August 19, 2007

Simply (insert task here) to add (insert item here) to your blog

I don't profess to be the most technical person. However I do feel somewhat confident in working with computers, software, and some programming languages. I can whip out some pretty sweet VB apps. Write some smokin hot SQL quereys. Also, unlike a lot of the myths about men, I can even read and follow instructions. So would you think that using a very user freindly blogging program wouldn't be a problem? You might think that, but I have had nothing but problems in working with Blogger, especially with our pictures. Anytime I want to add something I get this annoying saving message at the top of my page element box. Sometimes it really does save it and sometimes it doesn't. Call me old fashioned, but if something/someone says its doing one thing and does another I really get annoyed. But for lack of interest in finding something better, and not being able to beat the price of this program, I think I will stick it out with blogger.

So here is the question of the day. We are trying to link pictures inside our post. You can see the success that we have had in one of our previous posts. We have fixed the head tilt problem, and can post a picture upright....yeah us. But, how do you experts get your photos inside the text of the post? We can post our pictures like a 4th grader at the bottom of each post (no offense to any 4th grader reading). We try to use the add immage button, but it either doesn't like the embeded HTML or the web link. So I'm askin for help from my peeps.

By the way, here is a picture of Peter on his first day of school.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John,
I had lots of trouble with that, until someone told me that Blogger doesn't like spaces in the title of your picture. For example, my camera saves pictures with titles like: [08 12 2007 253847). They don't like those spaces!! So it doesn't post. I change my pictures to have titles with no spaces. Try that and see if it works.

I know how to embed the photos, but at the moment I don't have the terms memorized. There is a tab when you go to post that gives you the "funny name" of your picture in script, like carrot a... blah blah .,,,and it ends in a with an arrow. Once you find the end to the script, (usually mine ends with these three symbols: < then a then >, but if I write them here blogger won't let me post my comment), then you start typing your text and it will show up great! (ideally!).

I don't use the lingo, but I do practice inserting pictures regularly. See if this helps. If not, try again!

Ryan and Katie said...

If I understand correctly, I have found that the old "copy and paste" trick works well. So I insert the picture, Blogger creates the html and then I copy the code to the part in the paragraph that I want it. (Make sure that you've clicked on the "edit html" code part and are not working under the "view blog" tab. Call me if this doesn't make sense. I had a few glasses of wine with dinner and I'm a little out of it.

The Myatt Fam said...

carclan,

have you used the picture icon at the top of your post window? when you're making a post, there are a few icons at the top of your text box. one of them is a square that looks like a picture. just click on that and then follow the instructions to get the pic in your text in html language. then i take the html wording and put it in the text where i want it. does that make sense? have you already tried that?

when i'm looking for help in blogger, i go to blogger help and can usually find an answer that's pretty clear.