Monday, August 6, 2007

The Club

This weekend I used a guest pass to go to Lifetime Fitness with Sarah and the kids. This place was pretty awesome. It is set up like a resort, and you can do a number of things there that you can't do at any regular gym. The primary reason for joining was the pools. They have both an indoor and outdoor pool, and both pools have two waterslides that you can use. The deepest they get is 3'6", which is perfect for children. The pass was for 2 days. On Friday night we only swam. You should see Clara swimming in the pool. We put a life jacket on her (which she was extremely resistant to at first) and she paddles around the place asking for you to go far away so she can swim to you. One of the more amusing things about it is she keeps saying "my muscles" as if she is getting a total work out, which I bet she is. Peter is a fish and swims around without a life jacket. He does awesome, and next year will be the perfect height for the water. Anyway, it was a blast. The second day in addition to the swimming I got to work out with Sarah. That was fun and reminded me of before Peter was born....good memories. I am glad that they can go and have fun. Surprising as it may appear, I want to make fitness a priority in our lives. You may be asking yourself why I need a guest pass to attend the club where my family are members, and after going I want to be a member. However, the accountant in me wins out, and I cannot justify the expense when I can use the facility we have at the UP for free. What a party pooper.

On a side note, I was looking at this blog and it appears kind of dull. I will have to spice it up with some pictures in the near future.

3 comments:

Sher said...

I'm glad you finally made it to the club!! It is fun to see your blog.

Anonymous said...

John!

It was GREAT to hear your stories and to hear your "voice" in writing. That time to GI sounded really special, especially with your man time with Peter. I can picture him!

I also like hearing swimming stories about Clara's muscles and Peter being a fish. Oh, so cute.

I like the new photos on the side you have there! I don't think the blog looks dull at all--that is of course because I love to read every word!

Also, Happy Birthday a few days early! We will be away from internet, so I won't be able to call you, but I'm writing it here in case anyone else wants to say happy birthday too (Friday the 10th!).

J

The Myatt Fam said...

ha! ...love the reasoning not to join lifetime. although i'm not an accountant, i'm with you, man.