Thursday, September 20, 2007

Clara, A Woman of Character

Hi Everyone...This is Sarah, finally trying my hand at this new-fangled blogging!

I recently caught the end of a TV show featuring the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Clara was with me and sat beside me to watch the pretty girls dance. As they were getting ready to take the field for their preformance Clara said, "Ha, ha! Their underwears!" She had noticed those classic teensy-weensy white shorts and thought they looked like underwear. I immediately laughed and affirmed her observation....They are completely like undies (minus the chunky belt, of course)! She didn't miss a beat a few minutes later when they started to dance, "I see those bottom. They funny!" Again she noticed the immodest uniforms in action. I couldn't stop laughing! And then I thought about the lesson learned. I was thinking she would enjoy the pretty girls dancing, while all the while she was distracted by the girls dancing in their underwear with their bottoms showing! I can only imagine the vast affect these women have had on our culture and the "modesty" gague in so many families. I'm so sorry I even let her see it! I hope and pray that her fresh eyes of discernment will not become clouded over time...

Lesson #1 Do not watch the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders
Lesson #2 Consult Clara, a 2-year-old woman of character, when grappling with questions of modesty

5 comments:

Sher said...

What a great first (and hopefully not last) post Sarah. From the mouths of babes as the saying goes.

Holly said...

now that is precious!

Anonymous said...

I love when you post!

Clara is truly giving us the honest truth about what the girls are wearing. We just try to make nicer words like "uniforms". Crazy! Way-to-go, Clara!

Love you!
J

Unknown said...

thanks for giving us a picture into your world with clara! it was great to hear and to be aware for my own girls.
love you,
melanie

Cheri said...

Hi Sarah! This is Jessica's friend, Cheri. I wanted to say congratulations to you and your family for the "one on the way!!" That is very exciting for you all! You have a beautiful family. :)