Thursday, October 11, 2007

It's a Boy!

Well, the word is out. We're having a baby BOY! We are all really thrilled! Peter is so excited about having a brother, and Clara doesn't quite get it yet. I told her she's having a brother and she looked at me like, "Peter's my brother, crazy!" As long as she can give the baby a pacifier I think she'll be fine. She already repeatedly gives my belly a pacifier each day. Good practice!

Everything else looks very good so far. We're still watching my blood pressure, but the baby is growing and thriving and I am having no symptoms of complications at this time. I'll start going for check-ups every 2 weeks now, just to keep a close eye on our progress. I am so thankful for a good doctor and a great report!

I now have doctor's orders to rest as much as possible and eat a very low sodium diet. We'll see if I can rise to the challenge! I urge you to read your food labels this week and see if you are eating less than 1500mg of sodium each day. Did you know that even milk has sodium? It's a near impossibility to eat anything out of a box and stay under the daily limit. Looks like I'll be eating lots of produce for a while. I'm glad to take the challenge--it's for a very worthy cause!

Now onto the name debate...we have 4 1/2 months to agree!

9 comments:

The Millers said...

Congrats! The name hunt begins! We better hurry up and name ours before all the good names are taken!

love you guys!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited! We better plan a weekend to go through some of Peter and Aidan's baby clothes! Sounds like a great excuse to get together!

The Hofers said...

What an exciting day for you guys! I'm am so thankful all is still going well and mom & baby are doing great -- Praise God!!

Glad to hear it's a boy -- how fun! :)

Love ya.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! We're so excited! I kept telling everyone the story today at school:

"The phone would beep everytime my sister would say, "It's a BEEP!!!" I'm like "What?!!" And you're like, "It's a ********". Oh my goodness, the suspense!

I can now pray for "him" knowing it is a boy! Praise the Lord for great health! Love J

Jennifer C said...

Congratulations you guys!! I didn't even know you were pregnant!! I stumbled upon your blog through Melanie's and I was so excited to hear the news! What a blessing. We will be praying for baby boy Caruso and for Mommy too. Can't wait to meet him. :)
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Dear Baby Boy Caruso...We love you Sooooo much! May God bless you each day of your life, even now before we can see you. God sees you and knows you, and has a special plan for your life. May it include a heart that is faithful and true, tender towards God and mighty against all evil. We CAN WAIT to see you--take your time and grow strong as we wait patiently for the God-ordained day of your arrival. Yippee! Love, Grandma Marilyn

Ryan and Katie said...

Carusos-
Congratulations!!! It is such an exciting day to find out the gender so you can start praying and thinking more specifically about HIM! Even more wonderful is his health and his mama's health. Let us know (if you are telling) when the name debate is over.

Unknown said...

i'm so excited for you all. what good news. i'm just so, so happy. i can't even think of anything else to say!

Unknown said...

i thought of you today, sarah, as i added salt to my chicken salad. i don't even know what kinds of things you are allowed to eat but i do know a lot about eating a restricted diet! i hope you can find some yummy treats that are allowed!